Maid vs Housekeeper: Duties and Responsibilities – Find Differences
looking for someone to help you with housekeeping and other cleaning works in
your home, often you will face the question of whether you need a housemaid or
decide on whether you need to hire a housekeeper or a maid, you must first understand
the major differences between the services offered by a housekeeper and a
housemaid. Though the fundamental role of both candidates is surrounded by
cleaning and maintaining your home in neat and good condition, housekeepers are
lying one step above the maids in terms of the services they are providing.
typically pay more attention to details than maids do because customers expect more
from a housekeeper than they are expecting of a housemaid. The primary
distinction between the two jobs have been classified with the level of involvement
desired by each employee.
ensure that you are hiring a right candidate for managing your household chores, you should have a clear understanding of what you want the person you
are hiring be responsible for.
a list of activities you want to get managed by your newly hired domestic
worker. Many jobs are out there such as cleaning, washing, cooking, bed making,
etc., to name a few. But every household is different and so is the need of the
services required in every home. A good list preparation will easily guide you
to make the right choice of hiring a maid or housekeeper.
What Does a Maid Do?
are best used for general housekeeping and maintenance works. They can clean
your home or business place as needed or based on an effective routine. Usually, the full time maids can
provide you with clean living rooms, clean bathrooms, clean kitchen, dust free
furniture and mats, etc., but you can’t expect them to manage beyond these basic
cleaning duties. A good maid will pay attention and take the time to ensure
that there is no visible dust or grime in your home.
Maid – Duties and Responsibilities
mostly work on the house managing the places and things kept in clean
condition. Keeping your home clean and tidy is what they always care about. To
put it simple, hire a maid if you don't have time to clean the inside of your
oven but still have time to do your laundry. Maids do less than housekeepers in
general because they only clean and don't do much else.
a look at some of the basic job roles of housemaids below:
- Washing Clothes: A maid will oversee washing and ironing of your clothes, changing the linen and making beds, etc.
- Cleaning Rooms: Maids are responsible for always keeping the living rooms, bedrooms, studying rooms, etc., neat and tidy. They will sweep and mop the floors, wash or vacuum the carpets as per the nature of the materials, get the waste out of the dust bins, and take care of the windows and curtains to make it look beautifully tidied up.
- Kitchen Cleaning: Keeping a kitchen neat and insects free is possible only if it gets thorough cleaning daily. Maids will look after the kitchen floors to sweep and clean, keep countertops stains free, remove the food wastes from the kitchen properly, etc. Moreover, they will ensure the kitchen areas and appliances are safe by going through routine disinfecting sessions.
- Bathroom Cleaning: There is no better hiding place for worms and germs than an unclean bathroom. A maid will know it better and hence do act accordingly by giving regular cleaning touches to the sanitary fixtures, bathroom shelves, soap dispensers or dishes, toothbrush holder, etc.
What Does a Housekeeper Do?
are first and foremost responsible for performing all the duties of a maid.
This means a housekeeper will help you keep your house clean and tidy just like
a housemaid do it. In addition to offering the cleaning services, the housekeeper
can assist you by managing other household chores such as cooking and serving
housekeeper is more of a manager than a worker, and hence the responsibilities
are far broader than those of a maid. A housekeeper, for example, may assist
you with tasks outside the home in addition to those inside chores like grocery
shopping, caring for your pets, paying your bills, etc. To be precise, a housekeeper,
not a maid, is an excellent investment for anyone who leads a hectic lifestyle.
Housekeeper – Duties and Responsibilities
housekeeper is typically responsible for the more labour-intensive and
time-consuming domestic tasks. In other words, a housekeeper is an upgraded
version of a housemaid.
Have a look at some of the basic job roles of housekeepers below:
- Washing and putting away laundry
- Basic maintenance around the house such as changing light bulbs
- Making and serving meals
- Washing dishes and putting them away
- Feeding and walking family pets
- Babysitting and helping children get to school
- Tidying, restocking, and organizing around the house
One thing is certain, whether you hire a maid or a housekeeper, or gets them both, having assistance around the house will make your life much easier. The most important factor to consider when deciding between a maid and a housekeeper is whether you require assistance beyond regular cleaning or not.
How can You Use MyPoppin to Find a Right Maid or Housekeeper?
level of service requirements will be heavily influenced by the kind of
lifestyle you lead. If you are a single person or a couple living in an
apartment or a small house, you probably don't need anything more than a
regular maid service to keep up with your household chores.
expertise of a housekeeper in the management of a household can be useful to
people who lead busy lives, including families, professionals, and those who
live in larger homes. Since you are now aware that maid and housekeeper jobs are
not the same and that there are significant distinctions between the duties and
responsibilities of these two, you are in a better position to determine which candidate
you might require.
By browsing through the domestic workers
profiles on MyPoppin website, you will be able to select the appropriate
service provider to fulfil the requirements that are unique to your home. You
can attract well-qualified maid or housekeeper candidates by creating and
submitting a job post mentioning the exact requirements you are expecting of
them. Make everything clear to them by having a direct conversation where you
need to share the details of your needs, about the dynamics of your family, the
responsibilities you need them to fulfil, your schedule, and other core values
to be followed.